In a student’s life, books play a significant role which is one of the most common resources in the classroom. Textbooks are essential for beginning teachers as it provides a detailed sequence of what to do and when to do it. It is an excellent teaching aid for both teachers and students. In school, students are given textbooks and workbooks and they should pay attention to it in class as these textbooks are considered as instruction manuals for students while studying. Textbooks provide organized units of work which give students all the lessons they need to cover.
While teaching students, teachers should remember that textbooks are a very important tool in teaching arsenal. According to some teachers, learning through textbooks is outdated or insufficiently covers a topic or subject area. But, in a school environment, books are always there to guide students and pave the way how lessons and discussions inside the classroom will flow. In all CBSE affiliated schools, textbooks are designed by NCERT which is implemented across India.
Following are a few points why students should read their textbooks
- Reading through their respective textbook will help them to improve their memory and it will also stretch their memory muscles because they have to memorize a lot of things like plot, lines, facts and figures, etc.
- Students should read textbooks to boost their creativity. Being able to write creatively will help students in their future studies.
- Textbooks provides detailed information of the course content which also includes the syllabus, sub-topics, chapters, important questions, etc which help students to prepare confidently for the exam.
- Students develop their analytical skills by reading through textbooks. It helps them to study subject with more ease and retain the knowledge received from the subject which makes them more knowledgeable.
- Most of the students avoid reading textbooks due to lack of interest in content, underestimate the importance of textbooks, etc. But, to clear the final examination students need to go have a thorough knowledge about their respective subject textbook.
- For every subject, students need to learn concepts from the respective textbooks, whether they like it or not because most of the questions asked in the exams are prepared referring the subject textbooks. To score good marks in CBSE exam, students should go through their respective NCERT Books.
Students can also subscribe to our BYJU’S YouTube Channel to watch and learn through interactive videos to understand complex concepts, better.