Study plays a huge role in our lives. It shapes our careers and professional lives. With the Indian education system, it is all about clearing the exams; there is little to no talk about innovations and ideas. However, the scenario is quite different in many countries abroad. Many of the top businessmen and other successful professionals have found their callings in the various universities around the world. The environment in these universities is quite different from the one that we see in India.
Studying abroad can be a burden on your pocket. However, many universities and countries provide scholarships to a select few candidates each session. You can find the list of the Top 10 pocket-friendly countries to study in on BiggEdu, the amazing education portal I came across a few days back. It has all the important stuff and details you will need..
Every year, there are reports that evaluate the top universities in the world according to the various parameters like exclusivity, academic performances, placements, reputation, and alumni. Each year, the universities compete against one another to produce the best minds of the century, pushing them towards innovative and creative ideas. If you are planning to study abroad, there are quite a lot of universities to choose from on the basis of your qualifications and academic performance. However, if you are one of the geniuses and plan to find your calling in the top universities of the world, here is a list of the best ones available:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: This college has dominated the list for six years in a row. This university in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA has set the bar quite high and the rest of the universities are evaluated on the basis of the standards set by MIT. The college boasts of a high reputation in the field of technology. The peers in the college have the highest recommendations and employers compete against one another to hire employees from this prestigious institution.
- Stanford University: This university is one of the most sought after ones in the list. It has remained on the second position for a couple of years now and has produced some of the finest alumni in the world, namely Elon Musk, Tiger Woods, Reese Witherspoon, Sundar Pichai, and Mukesh Ambani. Located in California, the university has produced quite a lot of tech geniuses as well. This university has been giving a tough competition to many Ivy League colleges, primarily Harvard University.
- Harvard University: One of the most famous universities in the world, Harvard comes in at number three on the list. The institution dates back to the 17th century and is the best Ivy League college to apply to. The acceptance percentage of this university is quite low, and you may have to be on the waiting list for years before you get accepted. It ranked second on the list up until a couple of years ago, before Stanford took on the mantle as the first runner-up.
- California Institute of Technology: Commonly called Caltech, this institute is located in Pasadena in Southern California, and has produced some of the finest engineers and researchers over the years. Sabeer Bhatia, the pioneer of the email technology, was a student at Caltech. Renowned astronaut, Frank Borman, who was a part of the first team to circle the moon, was once a student at Caltech. The university has one of the best doctorate and aerospace programs in the world. They have been making groundbreaking advancements in the field of physics as well.
- University of Cambridge: Located in the United Kingdom, this is one of the best universities to study in, if you are looking for the best in Europe. When it comes to employer reputation, the University of Cambridge ranks at the top. Some of the most brilliant minds like Stephen Hawking, Issac Newton, and Charles Darwin, are on the list of the notable alumni from this university.